OpenShift CodeReady Containers
This guide will walk you though how to setup Jenkins X on your laptop using OpenShift 4.x with CodeReady Containers
once you have the
crcbinary setup the amount of memory and disk:
crc config set cpus 6 crc config set memory 11264 crc start
- once your cluster boots up you can setup your environment…
eval $(crc oc-env)
You can copy/paste the
oc login -u kubeadmin login command….
oc login -u kubeadmin -p XXXX https://api.crc.testing:6443
- to allow Tekton to be installed on OpenShift you also need to run the following commands:
oc new-project tekton-pipelines oc adm policy add-scc-to-user anyuid -z tekton-pipelines-controller oc adm policy add-scc-to-user anyuid -z tekton-pipelines-webhook
- if the above button does not work then please Login to GitHub first and then retry the button
git clonethe new repository via HTTPS and
cdinto the git clone directory
to enable webhooks you need to install and setup ngrok
setup a webhook tunnel to your laptop:
ngrok http http://hook-jx.apps-crc.testing
- copy your personal ngrok domain name of the form
charts/jenkins-x/jxboot-helmfile-resources/values.yamlfile in the
ingress.customHosts.hostsfile so that your file looks like this…
ingress: customHosts: hook: "abcdef1234.ngrok.io" ...
- git add, commit and push your changes:
git add * git commit -a -m "fix: configure webhooks" git push origin master
switch to the
jx ns jx
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.