Have you answered the Jenkins X survey yet?
If no, then
- Ensure you are logged into GitHub else you will get a 404 error when clicking the links below
- ECR repository needs to be created before running the quickstart or importing existing projects.
- The quickstart guides are for users who want to get up and running quickly with Jenkins X. Refer to the eks-jx terraform module readme for all the variables that can be customized.
- Always use the latest module version for the eks-jx module. The list of versions can be found here.
- Do not specify the last digit of the kubernetes version, so if you want to provision an EKS cluster with kubernetes
1.21.5, just specify
1.21. See this issue for more details.
EKS + Terraform + Vault/ASM + Github
This is our current recommended quickstart for EKS:
Note: remember to create the Git repositories below in your Git Organization rather than your personal Git account else this will lead to issues with ChatOps and automated registering of webhooks.
- if the above button does not work then please Login to GitHub first and then retry the button
Choose the cluster git repository based on the secrets backend
Install terraform CLI
Install jx CLI
Override the variable defaults in the Infrastructure repository. (E.g, edit variables.tf, set TFVAR environment variables, or pass the values on the terraform command line.)
- cluster_version: Kubernetes version for the EKS cluster. (should be 1.20 at the moment)
- region: AWS region code for the AWS region to create the cluster in.
- jx_git_url: URL of the Cluster repository.
- jx_bot_username: The username of the git bot user
commit and push any changes to your Infrastructure git repository:
git commit -a -m "fix: configure cluster repository and project" git push
Define an environment variable to pass the bot token into Terraform:
Now, initialise, plan and apply Terraform:
terraform init terraform plan terraform apply
Tail the Jenkins X installation logs
$(terraform output follow_install_logs)
Once finished you can now move into the Jenkins X Developer namespace
jx ns jx
and create or import your applications
For more details on how to install Jenkins X on AWS EKS see Github repository for Jenkins X Terraform module for EKS
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.