Use Jenkins X and OpenShift 4.x on your laptop
If you don’t have a cluster or want to try Openshift on your laptop then please try Install Jenkins X with OpenShift CodeReady Containers
Ensure you are logged into GitHub else you will get a 404 error when clicking the links below
- OpenShift cluster is installed and working correctly. You have also installed the
ocbinary on your
oc login -u kubeadmin -p ...
- to allow Tekton to be installed on OpenShift you also need to run the following commands:
oc new-project tekton-pipelines oc adm policy add-scc-to-user anyuid -z tekton-pipelines-controller oc adm policy add-scc-to-user anyuid -z tekton-pipelines-webhook
- if the above button does not work then please Login to GitHub first and then retry the button
git clonethe new repository via HTTPS and
cdinto the git clone directory
find out what your ingress domain is for your cluster then modify the
jx-requirements.ymlfile and modify the
cluster: ... ingress: domain: mydomain.com ...
- git add, commit and push your changes:
git add * git commit -a -m "fix: added domain" git push origin main
switch to the
jx ns jx
If your cluster is not accessible on the internet and you can’t open a firewall to allow services like GitHub to access your ingress then you will need to enable webhooks as follows:
setup a webhook tunnel to your laptop find your hook host name:
kubectl get ing
- copy the hook host name into…
ngrok http http://yourHookHost
- copy your personal ngrok domain name of the form
charts/jenkins-x/jxboot-helmfile-resources/values.yamlfile in the
ingress.customHosts.hostsfile so that your file looks like this…
ingress: customHosts: hook: "abcdef1234.ngrok.io" ...
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.