January 2022 updates from the JX community
Happy new year 2022!
This monthly blog post series is an attempt to showcase all the incredible work being done by the Jenkins X community to the wider audience.
Lot of exciting features, bug fixes and documentation improvements were made.
- We restarted the office hours this month (https://jenkins-x.io/community/#office-hours). Drop by to say hello, we are a friendly group!
- First Jenkins X survey was also created this month (https://jenkins-x.io/blog/2022/01/21/survey-1-2022/). We have extended the deadline by 2 weeks (Feb 11, 2022 midnight UTC), so fill it out if you have not yet. We will use this for the roadmap moving forward.
- Monthly blog post update series to keep up with all the amazing progress.
- Cron job to delete old boot jobs
- Option to Keep n boot jobs older than default age
- Support for using gitlab nested repositories
- Allow running lighthouse with cluster scoped permissions
- Add a flag to keep polling releases until commit status is successful
- Do not include tekton roles when tekton engine is disabled
- Use pager to aid in visualizing long pipeline logs
- Support provisioning spot instances in the azure terraform jx module
- Support specifying label for jx verify install
- Support adding ECR registry policy using jx-registry
- Make all storage locations available as envrironment variables
- GoogleContainerTools/kaniko (upstream fix - outside jx codebase):
- Kaniko in jx pipelines can now push to ACR (Azure Container Registry)
- Remove deprecated jx v2 keys from requirements configmap
- Fix issue with on-demand billing mode of dynamodb
- Fix local chart check when using cloud buckets to store helm charts
- Fix jx project rendering invalid chart.yaml files on import for custom packs in catalog
- Guides on configuring Azure service principle and GCP service account for terraform users (https://jenkins-x.io/v3/admin/platforms/azure/svc_principal/ and https://jenkins-x.io/v3/admin/platforms/google/svc_acct/)
- New section showing current Jenkins X users (https://jenkins-x.io/#users)
- New section on learning resources for Jenkins X v3 (https://jenkins-x.io/v3/learning-resources/)
- Improved documentation on setting up Jenkins X v3 on AWS EKS (https://jenkins-x.io/v3/admin/platforms/eks/)
- Improved guide on installing and configuring Jenkins X on k3s (https://jenkins-x.io/v3/admin/platforms/k3s/)
- Fixed content getting clipped in mobile view
- Disable running github actions on forks
- Upgrade docsy submodules
- Upgrade hugo docker image
- Migrate jx-docs to new pipeline format
- upgrade kubectl version for kpt
- upgrade helm and helmfile version
Huge thanks to all the contributors for their hardwork!