Google Summer of Code 2022 project proposal template ☀️
Project proposal template for Jenkins X GSoC 2022
1. Contact details
- Full name:
- Time zone:
- Github ID:
- Personal blog (optional):
2. GSOC information
- Have you participated in the Google Summer of Code previously? Please describe your experience.
- Are you applying to any other organizations this year? If so, please list them.
- How many hours will you devote to your GSoC project each week? Do you have any other commitments during the summer?
- Have you ever contributed code to Jenkins X? If you have, post the Pull Request (PR) links (It’s ok if they have not been merged/approved yet)
- Do you plan on contributing to the Jenkins X project after GSoC is finished?
- Were you able to install Jenkins X locally on your laptop?
- If no, please explain why (Unsupported architecture, missing documentation, time constraints etc)?
- If yes, how was the installation experience (missing documentation, complexity etc)?
- Have you used kubernetes in the past? Please provide a brief description and if possible links to the work.
- Have you used golang in the past? Please provide a brief description and if possible some code samples.
- (If you are interested in the UI project) Have you worked with a frontend framework/library in the past? Please provide a brief description and if possible some code samples.
3. Project idea
Repeat this section for as many project ideas as you want (Go in the order most likely to least likely).
- Title of the idea that you are interested in
- Brief description of the idea.
- Have you worked on a similar project in the past? If yes, please provide a brief description (with links if possible)
- How will the project benefit Jenkins X and the community
- Will it help in driving adoption of Jenkins X? If yes, then how/why?
- Include any milestones and deadlines
- Include time for investigation, coding and documentation