Octant: the OSS UI for Jenkins X
a shiny new open source UI for Jenkins X
A common question we have heard in the community over the years is Is there an open source UI for Jenkins X?.
Well we now have an answer: its Octant using the octant-jx plugin.
We love Octant because:
- lets you visualise and work with all kubernetes and custom resources across multiple clusters
- thanks to octant-jx has awesome integration with Jenkins X components like apps, environments, pipelines, repositories etc.
Longer term we’re planning on making most of the developer and operations features of Jenkins X available through the UI via octant-jx.
e.g. we hope as part of Jenkins X 3.x you’ll be able to install or upgrade Jenkins X and watch the installation proceed all via Octant.
But already right now today you can:
- view applications, environments, pipelines, repositories
- for a pipeline quickly navigate to:
- its Pod, Log, Pull Request or Preview Environment
- for each step you can view the step detail or log of the step
- see the various jobs and pipelines used to operate Jenkins X itself
- over time will add management UI capabilities for installing, upgrading and administering Jenkins
Find out more about installing and using Octant here.
We did a demo of octant-jx at the last office hours. We also presented octant-jx at the octant office hours this week.
Here is a demo video showing octant in action with Jenkins X: