Jenkins X Roadmap
The Jenkins X roadmap will be updated approximately once a month. Please join our office hours and Slack channels to ask questions and drive input on the future of the project!
Please note that the Current Work is being done in Jenkins X 2 and that most of the listed Near Term and Future Work are proposals that are being discussed in the Jenkins X enhancements repo and will likely form the basis of Jenkins X 3. Some of the proposed enhancements will land in Jenkins X 2 as well, but the focus for future work is on Jenkins X 3. Read more about Jenkins X 3 alpha
- Bring your own vault
- Granularized permissions
- OpenShift support
- Custom buildpacks
- Terraform cloud orchestration
- Kubernetes 1.16 compatibility
- Bring your own container registry
Near Term Work
- Integrate with Tekton catalog
- Major component pluggability
- This is a process that will happen over time, some of which is already underway). We expect this to get broken down into several work items.
- Enhancement proposal for a new modular CLI
- Technical debt reduction / Improved architecture
- This is a process that will happen over time, some of which is already underway. We expect this to get broken down into several work items.
- Helm 3 compatibility
- Improved add-on ecosystem
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.
Last modified November 24, 2020: fix: use consistent links (e57cb94b10)