Jenkins X Roadmap
Please note that the Current Work is being done in Jenkins X 2 and that most of the listed Near Term and Future Work are proposals that are being discussed in the Jenkins X enhancements repo and will likely form the basis of Jenkins X 3. Some of the proposed enhancements will land in Jenkins X 2 as well, but the focus for future work is on Jenkins X 3. Read more about Jenkins X 3 alpha
- Bring your own vault
- Granularized permissions
- OpenShift support
- Custom buildpacks
- Terraform cloud orchestration
- Kubernetes 1.16 compatibility
- Bring your own container registry
Near Term Work
- Integrate with Tekton catalog
- Major component pluggability
- This is a process that will happen over time, some of which is already underway). We expect this to get broken down into several work items.
- Enhancement proposal for a new modular CLI
- Technical debt reduction / Improved architecture
- This is a process that will happen over time, some of which is already underway. We expect this to get broken down into several work items.
- Helm 3 compatibility
- Improved add-on ecosystem
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.