Jenkins X infrastructure
Internal infrastructure used for Jenkins X
Jenkins X runs it’s infrastructure in Google Cloud Platform (GCP). We have 2 GCP projects
This is where the main infrastructure runs (the jobs triggered when a pull request is opened in any repository). Some details about the infrastructure are shown below
- GKE kubernetes version 1.21
- Spot instances to keep costs low
- n1-standard-2 with boot size 100 GB
- Cluster autoscaler scales the nodes between 1 and 5.
- We use terraform, an infrastructure as Code tool to manage the cluster using the google-jx module.
This project is only used for bdd testing. Test clusters are created here when a pull request is opened in the jx3-versions repository.
Test clusters are supposed to be transient, and are regularly gc’ed.
- If a test passes, then a clean up is performed at the end of the test run to delete the test cluster
- For a failed test, we have a cloud function scheduled to run every hour which deletes any left over clusters and cloud resources (persistent volumes, service accounts and secrets)
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.
Last modified March 31, 2022: feat: add a maintainer guide for jenkins x (c198f26610)