Jenkins X is built on the shoulders of giants and also has lots of different source repositories to make various things from CLI tools, docker images, helm charts and addon Apps
This page lists the main organisations and repositories.
- jenkins-x the main organisation for source code
- jenkins-x-apps contains the standard addon Apps for Jenkins X
- jenkins-x-buildpacks contains the available build packs
- jenkins-x-charts the main helm charts we distribute
- jenkins-x-images contains some custom docker image builds
- jenkins-x-quickstarts the quickstart projects used by create quickstart
- jenkins-x-test-projects test projects we use in test cases
Here we’ll call out of some of the main repositories in the above organisations:
- jenkins-x/jx the main repository which creates the
jxCLI and reusable pipeline steps
- jenkins-x/jx-docs the Hugo based documentation which generates this website
- jenkins-x/bdd-jx the BDD tests we use to verify the platform changes and verify PRs on jenkins-x/jx
- jenkins-x/jenkins-x-platform the main composite helm chart for the Jenkins X platform
- jenkins-x/jenkins-x-versions contains the version stream - the stable versions of all charts and CLI packages
- jenkins-x/jenkins-x-boot-config the default boot configuration for a
jx bootbased install
Build pods and images
- jenkins-x/jenkins-x-builders generates the static jenkins server build pod docker images
- jenkins-x/jenkins-x-image generates the docker image for the static jenkins server we use by default
- jenkins-x/lighthouse the strategic solution for webhooks and ChatOps for multiple git providers. For more details see
- jenkins-x/exposecontroller a
Jobthat can be used to generate/update
Routeon OpenShift) if you change your DNS domain or enable TLS - it can also inject external URLs into your application via
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.