How to contribute to Jenkins X development.
Contribute to the Jenkins X Project
Jenkins X relies heavily on the enthusiasm and participation of the open-source community. We need your help so please dive in! There are many ways to help:
- Give us feedback. What could we improve? Anything you don’t like or you think is missing?
- Help improve the documentation so its more clear how to get started and use Jenkins X
- Add your own quickstarts so the Jenkins X community can easily bootstrap new projects using your quickstart. If you work on an open source project is there a good quickstart we could add to Jenkins X?
- Create an Addon. To add your own addon just create a Helm chart for some useful way to extend Jenkins X and then submit a Pull Request on the pkg/kube/constants.go file to add your chart into the
AddonChartswith its name matching a chart name
- If you’d like to contribute to the code then try browse the current issues.
- we have marked issues help wanted or good first issue to save you hunting around too much
- in particular we would love help on getting Jenkins X working well on windows or the integrations with cloud services, git providers and issues trackers
- for more long term goals see the [Jenkins X Futures]https://jenkins-x.io/contribute/roadmap/ page
- we could always use more test cases and to improve test coverage!
How to help improve the Jenkins X documentation
Extending Jenkins X using the Apps Framework
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.